Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Scrapbook Royalty, C2R and the Red Bee!


I was so tired after last weekend! It was ALL good, don’t get me wrong, but I was soooooo tired by the time Sunday afternoon rolled around. First off, I was very honored to attend two Scrapbook Royalty events benefitting the Cancer Coping Center. The first was in Murrieta at It’s About Time. What a beautiful store and what an enthusiastic group of ladies. The CCC is a grassroots charity that offers wonderful services for patients and families coping with their illness. At this event, attendees made mini albums for patients or their families. The album was designed by my buddy Jennifer Priest, and was made using the Zutter Bind-it-All, which I helped tutor everyone on. What made this album special is that the patients provided photos and sometimes comments to include for journaling or titles. The albums made were beautiful and very touching! The nice thing is, after the ladies spent hours making these gift albums, they also got to make an album for themselves. Additionally, there were raffles, silent auctions, and the most delicious food and snacks!

After five hours at It’s About Time, I drove as fast as I could up to the Red Bee in Tustin for the Crops2Remember (C2R) Fall Day Crop. It was already in full swing when I got there, but I jumped right in. We had 17 hard-cropping gals pushing on through midnight! This was the 3rd C2R event that Jessica, Naomi and I put together this year, and although only a one-dayer, I think it satisfied our need to crop! Having it at the Bee was great. The store offered great discounts and a couple of bonus coupons, so everyone was tickled with the shopping. Additionally, we had out customary layout contest, raffles and general giddiness.
I packed up and got home around 1AM, and then was up early again for the 2nd Scrapbook Royalty event in Vista at the Pink Pineapple. This was the 2nd event for the Cancer Coping Center and was again a great success. Luckily Jennifer Priest was in attendance, so she taught the album class and I helped with the Bind-it-All again. It was a more mellow day for me, which allowed me to complete the album I had started on Saturday. Scrapbook Royalty raised over $3,500 for the CCC, plus had dozens of completed albums for patients. Very nice.
Needless to say, by the time I got home Sunday afternoon, I unpacked the car and then laid down for a good 90 minutes. I was still tired at work on Monday, and finally got caught up on the zzzzzzzzzzz’s last night. What a great weekend overall.

This weekend will be far less hectic, but no less fun. I have a DT meeting at the Red Bee Friday night, and then will work a make ‘n take at the store on Sunday for their Open House and Passionately Pink for the Cure Gallery that afternoon. Check it out!

No comments: