Friday, June 22, 2007

Did I Mention the Bus Tour?



I had the pleasure/torture (jk) of being a behind-the-scenes planner for the Wish Upon a Store pre-CKU bus shopping tour last week. It was a fabulous prelude to the CKU craziness that lasted four days last week. I am thrilled to say it was a complete success and I am pleased as punch with how well Jessica and I pulled off our bus. I was in charge of donations - and was also the "loader" of the bus of all the mountains of goodies and door prizes that were given away to our ladies. And we did have a great group of ladies on the bus. Starting with our scrapbooking VIPS - Michelle Hill from Lil Davis and Susan Lyons from Freckle Friends started out on Alison in Wonderland's bus; and Chelsea Kocina and Dana Ackemann from Stemma rode on Jessica Rabbit's Fun Bus o' Scrap! What you can't see in the picture of me with Jessica above is how I was already dripping in sweat at 7:30 am - from loading about 20 boxes into the cargo hold of the bus! It was worth it though - our ladies had a great time!

We toured five stores who all offered terrific discounts and goodie bags for us - and one SURPRISE stop to me & my BIG ideas in Lake Forest. There, Stephanie and her mom Terry - co-owners/founders of MAMBI - helped us raise over $5,000 for CHOC with their product donations and corporate match. Our bus passengers also pitched in with hundred of handmade cards that will go to use at the hospital for the kids in their care. I am particularly proud of this entire event. It was nice to do something that helps our community in addition to getting us scrappers some great new product.

No comments: