Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Marathon Training: Week 1

Ok, so I know i just posted my Week 0 photo, but it's into Week 1 now.  Yesterday I kicked off the "official" training with a double workout.  One hour of boot camp conditioning, followed by 3 miles easy around the lake.  My legs were heavy after boot camp, but I figured they will be heavier 10+ miles into a marathon, so this is good practice. I am trying to listen to my body this week and see how much of the boot camp and running combination I can really do without overdoing it.  Today was boot camp only, and I took it easy on myself.  I feel bad about not going "all out" all the time, but I can feel my body protesting.  I want to feel good for my run day tomorrow.  It's all conditioning, so it's all good.

Anyway, I was pretty well pooped when I got back from the double duty yesterday.  I had to take my own photo in the mirror since everyone was asleep (Marli  had already left for school).  Franny woke up and together we laid on the floor and went "ahhhhhhhhh."  I love the feeling after a workout.  Ahhhhhhhh.

No comments: