Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Smash Running

Scrapbooking and running are more alike than you think.  It takes awhile at both before you think you've "got it."  When you don't do it you feel "out of sorts."  They both make you happy, tired, frustrated, and exhilerated.  Sometimes all at the same time. 

You also gather ideas and inspiration from lots of different places.  Well, just like I save copies of layout and projects that I want to scraplift, I now tear out pages and notes from my running magazines, and artlessly smash them into a decorated composition notebook.  There is absolutely nothing crafty about it other than the glue stick and markers.  But, I love looking at the tidbits of info that never ceases to motivate me.With the Olympic marathon qualifying race this weekend, I expect to be highly inspired this weekend.  It won't make my Saturday 14 miler any easier, but it will be my own "qualifier" nonetheless.
Next race coming up: Tinkerbell Half Marathon at Disneyland, January 29!

No comments: