Saturday, May 8, 2010

More Reflections Fun

Ok, this might be the last post I write about the Reflections event. It’s been a week past and last weekend seems so long ago already! I’ve written about the charms, my friends, about the BIA projects (on the BIA blog), but now let’s talk about all the other yumminess.

I don’t take classes too often anymore. It’s a bummer that I am so busy these days. So this was a treat to be a student and take in other teaching styles and learn techniques. Really enjoyed the wide variety of classes – layouts and mini books, plus cute make ‘n takes.
Danielle Flanders taught this album with these embroidery hoop covers (and cardboard circle pages). The coolest thing about this album is the ribbon flowers. I won’t be able to stop making these. So adorable and so stinkin’ easy! 

This album - well, this is just a page from the album - was taught by Debee Campos.  It's a book about "Art" and Debee taught us to be brave with a can of spray paint.  Liked the funky style here...
Elizabeth Kartchner taught a cute Maya Road canvas album titled "Bits of Us" (or bits of you or bits of me....whatever bit you are into).  I didn't think I would like working with the adhesive fabric paper, but surprise, I did!  I liked it and it's easy and super cute.  Lizzie is very sweet too.

I think a favorite project for everyone was Maggie Holmes' Home Sweet Home album.  Maggie taught at this event last year, and I loved that project too.  This was an album of varying page sizes with lots of misting and layering.  Her album was originally a binding-ring album, but I went rogue with my Bind-it-All and bound it my way instead.  One thing I remember about this class, was the wall in the room turning pink from the spraying.  I don't think ladies have good aim with the misting.  Keep it in the box girls!
pie lovin' girls with Maggie Holmes
Here's a couple of the make 'n takes from the Isle Carnival.  I thought the little strawberry album was too cute (Kelly Goree was running this one and we talked about me going "sober" from Diet Coke.  She thought I was cuckoo!).  We decorated the cover with strips of border-punched paper and ruffled up the edges.  How simple and sweet!  And, the BIA album with the cute edge owire and acetate bird - gotta love the embellishments. I often forget what you can do with just simple paper punches and flowers.  This one was designed by Alice Carman from the Scrapbook Garden.




I think it's important to attend events like this for so many reasons, not the least of which is the socializing and friendships.  I always feel at home among "my peeps" and love how we all get excited (or not) about similar things.

Love my scrappy friends!
xoxoxox
Jennifer, Cheryl & Moi :)

No comments: