Saturday, March 1, 2008

Fiska-Fun



I had the pleasure of finally taking a class to become a Certified Fiskars Demonstrator from Stephanie Ackerman and Anita Takemoto this week. I had been wanting to do this for awhile, and I'm glad I finally did. These gals are loads of fun, and the training is great. I have been a Fiskateers for ....hmmm....like 18 months. That is about the time Jessica and I first met Cheryl Waters, our local lead Fiskateer. At that time we ranked in the low 700's (I'm Fiskateer # 734), and now the new gals are in the 3,000's - so the ranks have really grown.

The training is very hands on, and is an opportunity to learn how to use and play with a variety of Fiskars tools. From all the various trimmers, to the Ultra Shape Express, and embossing templates (which I have never played with). The various border punches (including the elusive circle border punch) were fun to play with, and it was a good thing there was plenty of Heidi Grace paper to fiddle with.

Ok, so I am official now. Let's hear a big "ooooohhhhhhhh" and "ahhhhhhhhhh"!! LOL! Besides that excitement, I can now lay claim to acquiring two new scrappy friends. I can't wait to spend more time with the Crafty Wahine and "Game Show Announcer Wannabe" Stephanie.

BTW, Stephanie's latest issue of HOME & HEART should be on newsstands at any moment. This is the magazine formerly known as Homegrown Hospitality which launched late last summer - published by CK Media. Can't wait to see it! Yeah Stephanie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What fun you had. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to attend the demonstrator training with Anita and Stephanie. You go you awesome Fiskateer you! Have a great day!

Stephanie said...

first....what is my neck doing way out in that picture...is that how I look when I say "IIICCCEEE"...and yes, Nan form Zutttteeerrrrr we had a blast with you, too!!!!

you were the winner winner chicken dinner of the night!!!

Hope to see you soon!

DonnaSalazar said...

Looks like you had FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Don't you just love those Fiskar girlies?
Oh... and guess what... Tag! You're it! Go to my blog to check out da rules!
Hugs ~D~