Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Summer Mini Book ala Jennifer Priest

This is a cute mini-book I finished up over Labor Day weekend. The concept design is by Jennifer Priest, DT Member at Scrappin’ Good Times in San Dimas – from a MnT she taught at the 4 R Kids Sake charity crop a couple weeks back. I took her concept and ran with it, using Lil Davis Endless Summer paper and chipboard letters. She supplied the hula girl die cut from Quickutz. The covers are made from acetate cut on the Accu-Cut die cut machine, painted and embellished. Jennifer’s original design used the Crop-o-dile to punch holes, but of course I used the Bind-it-All to punch and bind. The inner pages are vertical 4X9” envelopes nested together with pockets made from the envelope openings. I made cute tags with the matching paper, and various Lil Davis glittery chipboard, and tulle from Jennifer’s kit. The flowers are from Alexx Kesh. I gave this sample to Zutter corporate to use in the trade show booths and elsewhere. I love Jennifer's design and the ease to make it look so cute! All the credit to Jenn for getting my creativity going this weekend (and my mind off the heat wave!)

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Cute Mini Book! I wanna see the inside!