Sunday, July 29, 2007

Simply Scrapbooks in "Badersville" California

Jessica and I had a great time in the hot hot hot city of Badersville* this weekend, at a beautiful store - Simply Scrapbooks. Pam, the store's manager, was a wonderful hostess, and brought us the nicest, most enthusiastic scrappers in the San Joaquin Valley! We conducted about 40 make 'n takes, and then had to shop - we always do! Great selection and inventory in this store! So check them out when you are in Bakersfield! Thanks for the Dewar's chews, Pam. They are so good!

*My dad grew up in Bakersfield in the 1940's, and has written about his childhood in numerous short stories and novels. However, since his stories are somewhat fictionalized, he has changed the names of real people and places. Bakersfield is always referred to as "Badersville" in his writings! He was tickled when he asked me what I was doing this weekend and I said I was going to Badersville.

No comments: