Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Not a Bummer Summer

The longer you have the Bind-it-All, the more you appreciate it's many virtues.  I certainly do.  This past week, I made mini scrapbooks as party favors for my daughter's 9th birthday party.  We had 10 girls party at the movie theater with snacks and a viewing of the film: Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer.  It's the perfect pre-summer, little girls movie, and they loved it! Franny and I created the little mini albums with paper from Kiki Art, embellishments from the dollar spot at Target, and printed out labels for the girls to personalize their books, things like "Books I read this summer", "Exciting things I did", and little pockets for tags to keep track of their "thrill points."
The first page in the book includes a photo of Franny and a label that says "I started the summer at this fun party for Franny!"

We started with Zutter's 7X5 Corrugated Board as the base of the books - with 6 pieces per package, that's enough for three books right there!  The red 3/4" owire set off the other bright colors just right.
 With Franny's help, we made 10 books in no time (using the Dreamkuts to help cut paper and the Scor-it-All to make the pocket pages!).

Definitely NOT a bummer!

1 comment:

Veena said...

Fun and colourful idea! This ring bind scrapbook is just BEAUTIFUL with the butterflies and cupcakes embellishments on it.