Monday, June 15, 2009

Mon-dazed & Confused

I'm ready for something to happen. Hopefully we will know more this week about when and where we will be moving too. I am remaining adament that we stay in the general neighborhood, but things being the way they are, I may not get what I want. (Can I throw my Veruca Salt tantrum now?)

Anyway, thank goodness for the distraction of design team layouts that I need to make! I can reflect on the super-fun day Franny and I had at Sea World last month. We went to go see the dolphins as she wrote her first ever school report on these amazing animals. We got to Sea World early and went right to the Dolphin Experience where we got to pet several of them and got promptly soaked and splashed! Franny wanted to sit up close for the Shamu show, which I did reluctantly. At the last moment I thought I had better buy a towel and poncho, since we were sitting in the "soak zone." I never buy stuff from the roaming vendors, but I thought...."i don't really want to get any more wet than we are!" OMG! If I hadn't bought the poncho we would've been drenched. As it was, I lifted the thing over us a fraction too late and we suffered pretty dang good wetness. It was like 4 tub-fulls of water getting poured on us. Franny was all wet and bedraggled. The backpack I had with me is permanently fishy (whale-y) smelling. But it made for a truly memorable, happy day!

Then there is Marli's upcoming graduation from 8th grade. This last trimester has been a grade struggle for her. For my bright girl, she has just been so blah with the studying. So, I have this layout ready to go - assuming she does indeed get the grades and finals down this week. I think she will - we DID buy the dress and shoes for the big day, after all! It will be a day to remember alright!

So, I am scrappin' along here. Hope ya'all have a great week.

3 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Fingers crossed that all will work out!! Love those layouts! Seaworld is awesome isn't it??!!

Jennifer Priest said...

Aww keep your chin up!! Love the layouts too ;)

voodoo vixen said...

Love the LO's Nan, my fav is the grad one, and of course she will succeed! Hope you get the house sorted out quickly and can reduce the stress some...