Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend: Disneyland Parade & Crops2Remember

It was one heck of a busy, fun, sleepless, memorable, awesome weekend!

I was at Crops2Remember with all my peeps from Friday - Sunday. We had a great group of about 25 - about half of whom were all newbies, and the other half were "repeat offenders". It was a good mix of "old" and new, and I think everyone was pleased with the crop. We had great prizes - a BIA v2.0, a Round-it-All, some goodies from the sponsor stores (Red Bee and Timeless Treasures), plus a bunch of goodies from Paper Crafts and eclectic paperie. We also had paper packs from Teresa Collins and Frances Myers. We crowned our Queen of the Crop - and it was a 3-peat!! Terrie Dutkevich from Kerman, CA was crowned for the third straight time! And Stephanie Dade was the Duchess of Design for winning the Design Challenge. Awesome, ladies! (You can see the slide show on the C2R blog.)

But, this was only part of my weekend. I had been lamenting about how I was missing Franny's participation in the Disney parade on Saturday. Marli and Peter took her and spent the whole day - and I do mean the WHOLE day - at the park, watching and waiting for her performances and for when the girls were released from the backstage areas. It was incredible - at least from the videos I saw. Although it was a lot of waiting and extremely tiring for everyone, it was very worthwhile. My family was exhausted, and are still catching up on sleep. ABC TV filmed a Christmas Day special and we may be fortunate enough to see a nanosecond of the dancers from Cal Elite Kids - we'll see. In the morning, while Peter and Marli were waiting for Franny's performance, Marli was treated to the Jonas Brothers who were also to be on the TV show. She has had a "I will never wash my hands again" moment - now that the JoBros touched her hands. She got to be so close! Peter was so exhausted from the day. And although I was at the crop having a great time, I wished I could've been two places at once.
























I got 33 layouts done; 14 ATCs, and countless cards (I always try to make cards from my scraps now, as I go along). I didn't get much sleep, but who cares! :) I can sleep later.

1 comment:

ScrapAddict said...

wow! What a weekend! I hope we get to see your darling on TV!!